Productivity and precision start here

in Solothurn in Switzerland

Here are the milestones

of almost 100 years of Agathon's history
1918 Leo Pfluger Senior founds Agathon AG
1932 First precision carbide tool grinder and lapping machine
1946 Launch ball guide elements
1965 Agathon moves to Bellach
1968 First Centerless grinding machine
1980 First CNC-controlled grinder for indexable inserts in the world
1981 Delivery of the first 250-PA CNC
2004 Delivery of the first 400 Series Machine
2007 Delivery of the first 255 CL
2012 Delivery of the first Dom Semi
2014 New Owners Michael Merkle and Dr. Stephan Scholze
2015 Delivery of the first Leo Peri machine
2016 Introduction in the market of  Dom Plus und Evo Combi/Evo Penta
2016 Smart Connectivity Capability – Industry 4.0 

The headquarter in Bellach was designed by famous architect Fritz Haller and is today an icon of modern industrial architecture.