100 years Agathon: History is not only a chain of events that happened, but also a chain of stories. For this reason we will tell you stories from 100 years of Agathon in the coming months, sometimes serious, sometimes cheerful, but hopefully never boring.
That’s how it works: By the end of 2018, we will add more content, step by step, to many of the tiles shown below. Click on the « more » button to access this content. 100 years of Agathon history told in about a dozen Agathon stories.
At the end of the 1920s, the first Agathon logo was created, an independent image and word mark with distinctive typography in the style of the time.
Project for a factory extension with additional store floor and basement.
The artist Roland Flück from Solothurn in front of one of his numerous works, which he created on behalf of Agathon AG.
The success story of Agathon grinding machines started in 1920 with the invention of the patented clamping system.
Price list from the past, neatly typed on the typewriter.
Walter Pfluger passes the keys to the new owners and operative managers of Agathon AG, Michael Merkle and Stephan Scholze.
AGATHON STARTED ITS BUSINESS IN THIS HOUSE AT HEIDENHUBEL-STRASSE 10 IN SOLOTHURN.
Agathon grinding machines at the national exhibition 1939.
Agathon goes America
A series of 12 grinding machines is ready for overseas delivery to the United States.
« Important! Read! », says the sales brochure of this Agathon precision product, a grinding and lapping machine with two grinding wheels from 1938.
Relocation to Bellach
In the mid-sixties of the last millennium, Agathon AG built its new company headquarters and moved production and offices to the current location in Bellach.
Original job advertisement and at the same time image advertisement for a worldwide active grinding machine manufacturer.